Three-Year Preschool Class Goals
To instill in children a joy and excitement for learning by providing opportunities for development and expression of creativity through art, music, dance and language arts in a safe, loving environment.
- Introduction of letters and the sounds they make
- Identifying colors and shapes
- Developing fine motor skills through coloring, painting, building blocks, simple puzzles and the use of glue and scissors
- Learning to recognize and write his or her name
- Introduction to simple patterns
- Counting and identifying numbers
- Developing social/emotional skills, including the concepts of sharing, following direction, taking turns, using manners and being kind and respectful to others
- Developing gross motor skills such as jumping, running, hopping and balancing
- Learning songs and allowing students to enjoy music and movement
- Enjoying books and stories
Teacher – Jody Taake
Jody lives in Columbia with her husband Jeff and two children, Clara and Maxwell. She graduated from SIU Edwardsville with a B.S. in Early Childhood Education. She taught in the Columbia School district as a substitute teacher for three years and has been teaching preschool since 2005. She served on the board of Christian Education at St. Paul prior to becoming director and teacher at Little Friends. Jody enjoys spending time with family, gardening, cooking and photography.